Thursday, April 5, 2012

Adoption

Adoption is something that I have grown up considering. My parents once thought about adopting and even though they ended up not, it instilled the idea in me. Since my husband and I have been unable to conceive so far, it has been creeping further and further to the forefront of my thoughts. I would really like to do embryo adoption someday. I really want the experience of being pregnant at least once, and I love the idea of saving a little baby that wouldn't have a chance for life otherwise. We are also considering special needs adoption. It is not something that I would have considered before I found Reece's Rainbow. After I saw this site and saw the plight of these poor children, I can't get them out of my head. I have five of their pictures on my prayer list and I have my list up at work behind my computer, on the fridge, and right beside my bed so that I can see their pictures throughout the day and remember to pray for them. We are not able to adopt any of these children right now due to our finances and the fact that we are 23 and most countries require one parent to be at least 25 years old. All I can do right now is pray. Pray for these children and that God shows what His plan is for our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment