Thursday, July 7, 2011

Books

I am absolutely in love with books. I love reading and pretty much always have. I learned to read a little later in life than most, I was almost 8, but ever since then, you will rarely find me without a book. I love mysteries and suspense books. Some of my favorite authors are Ted Dekker, Frank Peretti, Agatha Christie, G.K. Chesterton, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and Dorothy Sayers. I also really love George Barr McCutcheon. I know, most of the authors I named are dead but books aren't written like they used to be.
Lately I have been getting into what I call chick-flick books; mainly, Christian historical novels. For some reason I really love these books. I don't have as much time to read as I used to and I like to read books that don't take that much effort to read and that I can finish in a day if I get really into it. I have spent way too many sleepless nights staying up to read extremely long books because I couldn't put them down than I would care to admit. When I was in college, I also found myself getting into young adult books. I really like fantasy young adult books. Something my mother probably wouldn't be very proud of :) My older sister's favorite book is War and Peace and she even has her favorite translation, and I really like reading Twilight. I think my mother's hopes for me went down a smidgen.
I really like the idea of having an electronic device on which I can store and read my books but I really like holding a book when I read. I would really like to get a Kindle or a Nook, or something like that so that I could have my books anywhere with me, but I would still like to own a hard copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment