Sunday, March 11, 2012

Hearts Awakening

So, yesterday, I read yet another book. My total of books read this week is 5 1/2. Best week I've had in a while. I bought an ebook off of christianbookstore.com and stayed up really late reading it. The book was Hearts Awakening by Delia Parr. It was a book that I had been keeping my eye on, but didn't want to spend too much money on, so when I found it for pretty cheap, I went ahead and bought it. I really liked the book. It was my typical Christian historical romance that I usually read. It was about a single, 31 year old woman, who in that day was a spinster. She agreed to a marriage of convenience in name only, to a man who had two little boys and needed someone to take care of them. She wanted to escape her cousin who had taken her in after her parents died and who viewed her as a burden that was forced on him. Both she and him had many issues to overcome as they learned to live together. Both their relationships with each other and with God are challenged. I thought that it was a very well written book. It did have a very predictable twist near the end, but I find as a whole that most of the books in the historical romance genre are pretty predictable. This book was a tear jerker, but that may have just been me. I tend to cry a lot during books and movies and any sad things in them tend to draw out tears. This is a book that I would really recommend to someone who likes a story of strength and overcoming difficult pasts, with some romance sprinkled in, along with two adorable little boys who really steal the whole book :)

No comments:

Post a Comment